Pages

Friday, February 24, 2012

Banana Man

Apologies for not posting for a while! It has been a very busy couple of weeks!  Last weekend I visited my two good friends Carlena and Hannah at their school in Idaho and upon returning I realized that I must have forgotten my sleeping pills at their place. And yes while this makes for funny stories, I have been quite out of it for the past week.

 I think i've gotten a total of 6-ish hours since Monday. My eyes are drooping and I find myself in a constant state of confusion. My friends look at me weird and ask me if I'm okay. I often start saying something and then stop half way through and can't finish. I try so hard to grab onto any words floating around me that will make some sense, but then I just start stuttering and sound like I have Tourette Syndrome. This happened in class the other day. I almost died it was so embarrassing.

Yesterday I wake up super late for class, rush to get ready, grab a bruised banana, and leave the house. I put the banana in the side mesh pocket of my backpack and plead to it not to fall out. I have two minutes to rush down the street to catch the bus. I'm not one of those people who worry about looking or smelling good/decent for class so I start sprinting  across the empty street and down the hill. I feel the banana fall out somewhere along the way, but I don't care. Never mind that I always wake up super overheated and break out in pouring sweat if I don't drink water as soon as I get up. I spot the line of people and look to the right-the bus is on it's way, I can do this!

I'm so focused at this point and I don't even flinch at the male shouts I hear from behind. But then slowly, a biker with a green alligator helmet slowly approaches on my right and I'm wondering who dares disturb my concentration when I see a yellow fruit dangling from his hand. He had my banana! This nice biker must have reached down out of his seat, picked up my dirty banana, and delivered it to me personally! I thanked him profusely as he rode off with a smile and thought to myself that that is the kind of guy that should rule the world.

Wherever you are, Bananaman, I honor you with my utmost gratitude and respect! I hope we meet again.




2 comments:

  1. Isn't it nice when people surprise you? It's sort of sad how shocked we are by polite behavior.

    I hope your pills have reached you by mail and you can get some much needed sleep before finals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is! I just received my pills and am ready for hours of sleep, thank you!

    ReplyDelete