Pages

Friday, February 10, 2012

The box monster

I thought I was getting better about deciphering the real world from the dream world recently, but some recent occurrences have led me to a realization: I will always be flailing between the two like a one eyed crow.




#1: This past Tuesday I was longing for something insomniatically weird to happen in my life. So I purposely did not start my homework until midnight to prolong the odd time of being tired but not being able to sleep. This time often leads me into the state of being over tired, also called the point of no return. At this time my vision gets blurry, things start dancing, I laugh at everything, and feel like my body is made out of pudding.

Example of what this looks like: 
Free Shipping!


That night my roommate awoke at the noise of what she described as "a rabid dog- on drugs". She came out of her room to find me outside of her room crouching in a cardboard box screeching. I only partially remember doing this.

The next morning was just as weird. At 10 am was driving to Starbucks to get my coffee fix and came to a red light. Swayed by the harmonious stylings of Michael Buble, I managed to completely zone out, staring at the dashboard. When I came to, I looked up and I swear to you the traffic light was completely gone! I was freaking out hard core because, HELLO, who's going to tell me when to go? I got that feeling like when someone scares you and your body gets all hot and your fingers instantly begin sweating. Would I be sitting there forever, until my flesh molded off and my bones began to smell of liver and onions?

Finally after several shakes of the head and five slaps to the face the stop light was back. Thank goddddddd. I would live.

I manged to get to my friend's house in one piece and we feasted. I began to regain my normality-the twitching subsided and things were dancing much less.

On the way home I was fist pumping to the radio and I smiled at a urinating dog on the side of the road. Reminding myself that I was driving, I turned my head back to the road. And NOW there's a frickin' brick wall ahead IN THE ROAD just kickin' it.

"Don't mind me, just kickin' it."



"I dam well will mind you, you evil brick wall of doom!" I told it, but it just kept sitting there, mocking me like a little circus monkey.

I decided to slow down and wait for another car to come. Let's see how they cope. But when a car did come, the dumb wall decided to take a hike! Well, fine. Your ugly and look like a dried up piece of children's play-dough anyway. Your outta here.

2 comments:

  1. It's interesting how you kind of allow these insomniatic moments and even encourage them. It seems like you have the hallucinatory experience to write a really fantastic story that features insomniacs or druggies or mental patients or something.

    Do you let these moments into your life for your writing or for something else?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this for real? If so, VERY scary!

    ReplyDelete